Kick-off of PReVENT phase 2 project: INSAFES
The INSAFES (INtegrated SAFEty Systems) subproject has officially started its activities with a kick-off meeting in Gothenburg 19-20 September.
The main goal of INSAFES is to, based on results from other PReVENT subprojects, develop integrated lateral and longitudinal preventive safety functions with improved functionality and reliability compared to the stand-alone functions.
The following subprojects are considered for integration: APALACI, LATERALSAFE, SAFELANE, WILLWARN and SASPENCE. All these subprojects are represented in the INSAFES consortium by at least one partner. INSAFES established a cooperation with the horizontal activities on sensor data fusion (ProFusion2) and on digital maps/interfaces (MAPS&ADAS).
INSAFES will develop two demonstrator vehicles to show its concept:
- Demonstrator 1: a passenger car showing the benefits of an all-around scenario reconstruction ro integrated functions
- Demonstrator 2: a truck concentrating on improved lateral functionality through the integration of results from SAFELANE and LATERALSAFE.
Main results from the kick-off meeting are:
- a detailed planning of the first workpackage on system requirements, scenarios of use and user needs
- a plan on how to interact with ProFusion2 and MAPS&ADAS with representatives of both SPs
- overview of the project and its workplan
The main activities for the next period are:
- definition of the integrated functions that INSAFES will develop and their requirements
- identify user needs and scenarios of use for the integrated functions
- initiate the system design work package
- next meeting in December
For more information, please contact the subproject leader: Agneta Sjögren, Volvo Technology AB ([email protected]) or see the INSAFES subproject webpage