The PReVAL subproject will provide PReVENT with a harmonised evaluation framework, define a methodology to be used in the impact assessment of various applications and apply the methodology to a set of given use cases.
- Assess and make conclusions of the technical performance of PReVENT functions.
- Evaluate the potential of PReVENT subprojects HMI results - user acceptance, preferences and behaviour. Use existing data accumulated in sub-projects, if possible
- Estimate the potential safety impacts of PReVENT functions in cooperation with ongoing other relevant projects.
- Create an overall view of the potential PReVENT impacts and make recommendations for further work in the development of effective preventive safety functions.
PReVAL subproject starts with a thorough analysis of the evaluation methods and methodologies to be used by the PReVENT subprojects for the system evaluation and impact assessment. The aim is first to create an overall view of the methods used.
The PReVAL subproject will provide PReVENT with a harmonised evaluation framework, define a methodology to be used in the impact assessment of various applications and apply the methodology to a set of given use cases. In more detail, the
PReVAL subproject will:
- Analyse and assess the existing impact assessment methodologies available for active and
preventive safety applications
- Define indicators for impact assessment and
- Apply the defined indicators within the provided methodology framework to a set of given applications developed in the PReVENT subprojects.
PReVAL will also propose a set of recommendations for future research needed for the impact assessment, best practices and a basis of guidelines for the use of intelligent vehicle development.
Johan Scholliers+358 20 7223642
|Assessment of crash functionalities, no HMI included
|Accident causation analysis